of Life and Death

Blog of Life and death experiences..

Friday, May 26, 2006

Rain Fury

I have really never been into a habit of maintaining personal diary of events in my life ,just like i never excerised in my life more than a week regularly....This is why i am not much into blogging too.But slowly i hope i can change myself and blog more often.
Sometimes ,specially when you are not really with your own people and if the work life is also going predicatable,life seems to have come to standstill ,probably these are one of those not so happening days for me.
It has rained cats and dogs in Shenzhen last week..Few parts of Guangdong and Fujian provinces have also got flooded..
but it has been fine since last 2 days or so..I can seen more greening pactches of land ,sitting in my 58th Floor office Specially when i see towards the Hongkong part of land..
I am living in Shenzhen ,Neighbouring main land Chineses city to Hongkong .
Well..So what i was talking about ,Rain.!! Ya...
I have seen mainy places with rain,those where it rains rarely and those when it rains almost everyday...
remember my days in Darjeeling,we had our place which was sadwiched by wonderful tea estate on one and a river on other side.The third side ,you could see the hills , on which towns of Kalimpong and Kursiang were there.
It was a routine...It would rain almost everyday there ,without fail....For me it was weired as well as intersting.
Fourth side if we look there was vast land...you would almost see horizon there those days.
When It starts raining there DURING rainy season,it will be worth watching .We can see Lord Indra's Laser show of Electric lightening even during day time..you can see swords of electricity parting the sky all the way down touching the ground...many a times trees and even electircal appliances in home used to get damaged badly.I remember i used to go on walk after my boring study time in evening towards horizon and suddenly i will notice clouds coming and as if they will run after me.....Kids in colony used to literally have a race with clouds,who reaches their home first...they will run ,clouds will follow ..and many a times kids will just get in home and then clouds will drench the home.many a times vice versa ...All of sudden due to heavy clouds it will turn dark and ,of course power cut as well..No body will be in mood to study ..But it used to irritate me ,not because i was very studious but because i was finiding myself too weak to cope up with the pressure of taking Science subjects..Physics,Chemistry,Maths and Biology...Bio used to be my favourite but Maths was horror..
Many a times it will rain non stop too heavily....Water getting logged in front of all the apartments ,frogs/snakes and leeches uses to make their appearences ,being a hilly area.Not to forget,heavy mansoons and flooding in Rivers used to drive Assamese Elephants out of their territories in forests..Often we will find a herd of as many as 30-40 Elephants marching towards residential colonies and it used to be too dangerous to go out alone in evening.Elephants ,used to be on real rampage once entering Human habitat.They used to attack Army ration stores and Messes for the food....They kind of ,knew where what was kept and they had a strategy to deal with humans.Even firing of gun,fire torches and beating of drum later became uneffective in driving them out.
I still remember very clearly,we used to get daily milk supply from Military Dairy which was a few kilometers away from my place and every evening i will go on my bicycle to fetch milk...that evening it rained alot and thus could not go out to get milk on time ...Infact most of them couldn't.As the rain stopped it was some 6 in evening,too dark for hills.But as we needed milk i went out on bicycle...While i reached milk dairy ,i had friends and seniors talking about the fury of elephants during rainy days,there was an attack of elephants last night on dairy...they looted all the grains in Military store....Can you believe?
Well ,fetching the milk i was back on my way to home ,just imagining how the people would have felt ,deep in night finding Enormous animal in front of them...I was in my thoughts ,and suddenly,I saw i was just a few feet away from an Elephant ,just a few feet.....infact there were 3-4 of them...they were being chased away by group of men,and they were running all the way through tea estate..since elphants were frightened,there was a danger for me as i was in front of them..I had milk vassel in one hand and cycle handle in another I thought,by the time i turn the bike and move back..I don't know what will happnen..Stoping there was also of no use...Only way was ...I speeded as much as i could,on the slippery road....balancing was also difficult..but Man! that was a real narrow escape...I felt good reached alive home....Phooh!!
Last year i went to Bangalore ,i visted my institute and was meeting everyone there in my college..It rained there badly..So badly as it never did!!! NEVER!!!!
I decided to take a ride back in college bus..but it was just amazing...Indian Silicon valley..IT Dynamo of India..Bangalore had come to a stand still ..there was water logging every where..no traffic movement..the journey which takes 20 minutes took not less than 2.5 hrs....I saw the roads of Bangalore ,resembling branches of Brahmaputra river....
Excess raining has also become a trend..with global warming..Three of Indian majors Mumbai,Bangalore and Chennai witnessed the horor last year..I can not say i was fortunate or unfortunate for this...but i did see 87cms rains in Bangalore same day...
Katarina and Rita ripped US coast ,Even here in China it rained hell...Even places Like Germany and Romania also faced Flood fury last year...I am afraid but sure this will be repaeted this year too...as every educated says..I too ,we got to do something soon to avoid..tsunamis...Bombay fury and Rita's and Katarinas...