of Life and Death

Blog of Life and death experiences..

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Enthusiasm

Was reading Chetan Bhagat's superseller "Five pooint someone" which tells you tale of 3 briiliant yet mischeiveous guys who are students of IIT...India's premier Engineering institute..Reading through their life in hostel and kind of fun as well as tough time they go through refreshened my memories of good old days in college.
Remember, i entered the college premises first as NOT so happening kind of guy!Things were a bit differnet ,i came from a bit diffrent upbringing.But i still remember,those were the days i decided that one got to change for good.Things are not going to wait for me ,time runs fast and if i had to catch the metropolitan pace i had to change drastically in many aspects.Though there were many basic aspects where i just did not want to change but there were double the number, i really wanted to .
I had my way to try things out.Probably being a leo ,i hated to be dictated by what others usually do..I wanted to try my own concepts and ideas and always respected someone who felt same like me.I hated herd mentality.
I tried to build myself morally and willingly strong..those were 2 key areas.There was lot's of brushing up needed and i am glad, the circle of friends i had in college was an excellent one..People did criticised me ,but did respect me,did support me when needed and who knows people also may be followed if there was any good pioneering example set by...
Days remained hectic throughout college life..But i loved those and still miss .There were challanges everyday.Long classes,hostel descipline,internal competition to some extent and all that.
But key thing which has been disappearing from me eversince i passed out of college is the stamina to sit and concentrate on study.I did not leave study..After 2 years of work ,i joined some real difficult courses which i felt will take me towards better tomorrow ...i tried and really tried alot.
But some how i have yet been not able to recollect that ability.Special to mention was 1 week of real intense study of Wines in my final year with my close pal Amit...We studied during days and nights,like two crazy men,as if were are studying for cancer research..We wanted to conquer the toughest field in hoteliering .Because of technicality people used to avoid it ,and thus it became a horror somehow....Mugging up names of complex wines from various parts of world,getting a feel of their character,origin,manufacturing etc. etc. became our passion for a week....And really i am still amused at our success to be able to do that..How could we?That was so different.when we did not even know famous french wines properly ,just in a span of week we were talking in language of wines from remote places like Israel,Yugoslavia and Cyprus etc....We literally were able to mug up that some 270 pages long book on wines....
having that confindence really boosted our morale and i am sure it helped me in later part of my first job life.
But talking of now,i just can not concentrate,at times get a feel that WELL ,am really getting old....at times feel that i need a study buddy like those in my college.I really feel so called toughest and prestigeous courses are no big deal if i can sit like that 1 week.
Apart from that now a days life is much more complex,demanding coz my responsibilities doesn't end with my bread earning for myself ,it extends to my family's future,my company's prospects and of course for my dreams for future...
I must be able to focus on what i need to do and accomplish the tasks.
To be truthful when i read about youngster cricketers Like Irfan Pathan and Suresh Raina,telling their stories that how they tried to remain focused for success ,i drive SOME amount of motivation...But huh!! it's not enough.
As i always said "Self motivation is best motivation" ..So got to move on same.
BTW,i just typed down all this coz i wanted to spend some time thinking aobut all this and hopefully i can draw some motivation.....

1 Comments:

At 4:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good work...Keep it up!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home